Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blogging for Blood Cancer




I saw this Blogging for Blood Cancer online the other day and it peaked my intrest. Why you might ask.......It is one more thing I can do for my Dad. One more thing I can do to raise awareness and money to find a cure for Leukemia. About 3 years ago my
Dad was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Since then the whole family has been doing what we can to help find a cure. My Dad pictured left with my Mom and all their grandkids is a wonderful man. My Mom is amazing, since my Dad was diagnosed she has been working with Team in Training to raise money for research to find a cure. She has done so many miles and marathons I lost track. If you feel the need to help support the cause, please do so. It can be a simple as doing the Light the Night Walk (going on 10-3-08 here in Oregon). We have done it as a family for the past couple of years. You can also support A member of Team in Training....he is a link to my Mom's page http://pages.teamintraining.org/or/nikesf08/dkarr . You can also help out with Blogging for Blood Cancer. Check back during that week and I will be sharing more about my Dad and his journey along with some Mom about my Mom.

1 comment:

mommy3 said...

Thank you for posting about the "Blogging for Blood Cancer" event!!! I am rooting for your dad as he battles CLL and for your mom as she trains for TNT!!!

Jenn @ Friends of Heroes